About Us >
Our regular meetings are held on the third Thursday of the month, from Februrary to November, except July & August, at the L. R. Wilson Heritage Research Archives on the grounds of the Port Colborne Historical and Marine Museum, 286 King Street, Port Colborne, at 7.00 pm. (doors open at 6.30). The regular 2019 meeting schedule is:
- Feb. 21 - Movie Night (with popcorn) - "The Forgotte Wisdom of Trees" -Diana Beresford-Kroeger
- Mar. 21 - Vegetable Gardening - Tips & Tricks - Paul Bongers, Country Basket Garden Centre, N.F.
- April 18 - Superheroes of the Yard, John Robertson, Natural Insect Control . Also, Garden Fair - vendors, videos, Master Gardeners advice clinic
- May 16 - Native Butterfly Gardening - Cheryl Tyndall, Niagara Parks Butterfly Conservatory
- June 20 - Simple Spectacular Designs, Wendy Somers, design judge. Members' Annual Flower Show
- Sept.19 - Porch Pots for All Seasons - Sandi Marr, Welland
- Oct. 17 - Little Known Garden Gems - Jim Lounsbery, owner, Vineland Nurseries
- Nov. 21 - Annual General Meeting and Holiday Dinner
There are more related events (in the daytime):
- Mar. 7 - Make a hanging basket - Mill Greenhouses, Gasline (date & time to be confirmed)
- May 11 - Annual Plant Sale - Guild Hall, Charlotte St.
And more workshops and events as we can arrange them.