Fort Erie Horticultural Society
The Fort Erie Horticultural Society was founded in 1926 and was then called the " Bridgeburg Society", with Mrs. Russell Barton as the very first President.
In 1932 Bridgeburg and Fort Erie Society merged and became what is known today as "The Fort Erie Horticultural Society."
The group was disbanded during WWII and 1948 was reorganized with Dr. J. E Graham as the President, membership dues at the time were $0.50.
It was in 1996 when the horticutultural society to it's name "Down to Earth Gardeners" which we are now known as.