D15 Fall Meeting for Society leaders
by Barb O
A message from Distrct1 5 Director Barb O'Malley:
Please join us at the upcoming District 15 meeting on September 30, 2018 from 1:30pm to 4pm. Click here for the AGENDA and Winter meeting MINUTES.
It will be held at the Mississauga Seniors' Centre, 1389 Cawthra Rd., Mississauga, hosted by the Cloverleaf Garden Club. The Centre is on the east side of Cawthra Rd., south of the QEW, and the building is at the back of the parking lot. For Google map click here.
For this meeting, I have asked some of the Assistant Directors to lead the discussions. Topics:
- Life members - this topic was introduced at our last meeting when we were discussing awards. Dawn Teal will lead a discussion about Life membership in a society, criteria, etc. The new OHA Awards booklet will be available, one per society.
- Invasive plants rejected for society plant sales - Michelle Wilson will provide a preliminary list of invasive plants which societies may decide not to accept for sale at their plant sales. Please bring your list if you already do this.
- Bus Tours - we had a suggestion about sharing bus tours, when one society cannot fill a bus. We would like to come up with an easy way to share the information - any ideas greatly appreciated.
- Society AGM's - a reminder that your society AGM's are approaching, and there are specific reports and procedures that are part of the requirements of OMAFRA. Bonnie-Lynn Murphy will lead this discussion. Please bring any questions or comments.
- Signing up for the Transfer Payment account so you can receive your grant from OMAFRA. This topic is very important to the societies. Some societies have indicated that they have already done this, and some have not. I would like to recommend that you all try to have this completed before the Sept. 30th meeting. If you have any difficulty, please contact Grants Ontario at 1-855-216-3090. If you have already signed up, I would recommend that you contact Grants Ontario just to confirm that your society is set up to receive your grant, after you submit your OMAFRA report before Feb. 1st.
If anyone has another topic or issue that they would like to discuss, please let me know as soon as possible, so we can work it into the Agenda, if there is time.
Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
District 15 Director