The Thornhill Garden & Horticultural Society is celebrating its 105th year in 2018.
The Thornhill Garden & Horticultural Society's members have a common interest in gardening and the greening of our homes and community through horticultural activities.
The Society promotes the beautification of Thornhill's public and private spaces by
- Planting and maintaining trees , plants, shrubs and flowers at several community locations, including Annswell Park, Bayview / John garden (southwest corner of Bayview Ave. and John St.), Percy Bone Parkette (located in Thornhill Park, the outdoor planters at the Shops on Steeles & 404, and the Robert West Heritage House.
- Monthly meetings (held the 3rd Wednesday of each month (except August, November & December) at 7:30 pm at the Thornhill Community Centre, 7755 Bayview Avenue at John St., Thornhill) where our members can share ideas, broaden their gardening knowledge and find answers to their gardening questions. (A Guest speaker's presentation is given at each meeting.) Social time held from 7 pm to 7:30 pm before each general meeting.
- Sponsoring community plant sales, garden recognition programmes, an annual garden tour and other related activities.
- More info can be found elsewhere on this website or can be accessed by contacting the Society at email@example.com.
- New members and guests are always welcomed. Membership fees are $25 / single or $35 / Family; guests - free admission.
Thornhill Hort News
by Bernadette Burns
The "Thornhill Hort News" is published monthly. It is available to our members by email so they can enjoy the full colour issue. Members without email receive a photocopied issue by regular mail.