How to Prepare - Plant Sale
by J Shean
- NORTH YORK GARDEN CLUB ANNUAL PLANT SALE
- Date: May 12, 2018
- Time: 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Location: Willowdale Presbyterian Church, 38 Ellerslie Avenue in church hall (at the back of the church, downstairs, parking available)
- Our Members supply all the plants - perennials, shrubs, annuals, herbs and more.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE PLANT SALE - Club Members
1 A week or more before the sale, divide your plants getting a good supply of the root system. This will give the plants time to recover from being wrenched from their home.
2. Place in clean pots with adequate soil.
3. Water, water, water!
4. Label clearly with the common name or botanical name. You can use Popsicle sticks or stick on labels on the pot. Avoid donating invasive plants, as no one wants them.
5. Indicate whether they need sun or shade and colour of the flower.
6. Keep them in a cool place out of the sun until Sale day.
7. A clean, well-potted and clearly labelled plant is going to sell more easily and for a better price.