How To Prepare - Flower Show
by J Shean
How to Prepare for the Flower & Vegetable Show
- Read over the Show Program
Branches (Woody Stem Treatment) benefit from scraping the bark from the bottom with a knife and then making a slit up with scissors or knife.
Flowers(Milky Sap Treatment) that exude a white latex or sap benefit from burning the cut end until it is blackened. (Poppies, Zinnis, etc.).
Spring Bulbs (Tulips, Hyacinths and Daffodils), cut away the white part of the stem then make a sloping cut on the green part of the stem
- A bud showing colour is considered a bloom
- Only attached foliage is permitted unless otherwise stated in schedule
- Wiring, oiling, spraying and artificial colouring are prohibited in the Decorative Division unless stated otherwise in schedule
- Check schedule for required number of specimens in the exhibit.
Show Entry Tags can be completed before arriving at the show. You can pick tags from any show committee member. The tags need the following information on them.
- Your Name
- Exhibitor's Number (if you do not have one - see show committee chair to get one)
- to be completed on the both top and bottom section.
How do I get my exhibits to the show in one piece?
That’s it - your ready to head to the show -Good Luck!(2018-01-17)