The Martintown and District Horticultural Society is a community based organization that was established in 1965 to provide an environment for all who enjoy getting their hands dirty growing plants or just enjoying their physical beauty.
Our purpose is to encourage interest and improvement in horticulture through a variety of actives and events, over the years there has been many endeavors but currently our focus has been on:
· Erecting and maintain planters made up of a variety of annuals at various locations throughout Martintown
· Planting and maintaining the flower beds at the community center
· Providing bursaries to deserving high school students to further their education in horticulture or agriculture
· Encourage guests and members in a manor so as to provide useful gardening information
· By continuing to improve our knowledge of horticulture and environment through monthly meetings and guest speakers
Guests are welcome at our monthly meetings held on the first Wednesday of the month at 7:00PM except for July and December at the Martintown Community Center on County Rd. 20. The meetings are full of wonderful gardening information and outstanding speakers and we always save time for members to share tips at the end of each meeting and fellowship over refreshments
Membership fees are $15.00/yr.
For further information write: Martintown Horticultural Society
Box 144, Martintown