Glen Morris Horticultural Society
GLEN MORRIS HORTICULTURAL SOCIETY
Marienne Wisenthal put together a list of "150 Awesome (and affordable!) Ways to Celebrate Canada's 150th." Her suggestions from across Canada were listed in The Loop. Here are a few of her ideas that we can do close to home:
1. Plant patriotic perennials (ex: red and white tulips)
2. Go curling
3. Eat poutine
4. Get sprayed by Niagara Falls
5. Eat salmon
6. Bite into a Nanaimo bar
7. Do something nice then say you're sorry (even if you're not)
8. Roll up the Rim
9. Swim in a Great Lake
10. Play hockey on an outdoor rink
11. Buy a bag of ketchup chips (not available in the USA)
12. See Monarchs migrate at Point Pelee
13. Sponsor the Terry Fox Run
14. Visit Canadian Tire
15. Knit a Mary Maxim sweater
The July edition of our GMHS Newsletter, "Garden Gleanings," has been e-mailed to Society Members and is posted here.
The Community BBQ is Sunday, July 23 and Charlotte Taylor is hosting our annual Hort. Coffee Party August 8. I hope you can attend these events.
Have a safe and enjoyable Holiday Weekend.
Margaret Fleury, President