|HOME MEETINGS ABOUT US NEWS & EVENTS JOIN US SUPPORTERS CONTACTS|
Programs > Plant Sales
ANNUAL PLANT SALE
May 13, 2017
8:30am – 12 Noon
Sale of plants grown locally by members and friends of the club.
A good selection of some herbs and vegetables and many types of perennial plants like daylilies, irises, ferns, ornamental grasses and hostas, hostas, hostas!
Drop by for a change to pick up great plants at great unbeatable prices.
The sale takes place in the parking lot of the Carmen Corbasson Community Centre (Cawthra Rd, south of Q.E.W.) - MAP
INSTRUCTIONS for PLANT DONORS:
1. Digging and Potting Plants:
- Dig and pot the plants in the fall or in the spring and at least one week before the plant sale. (Most perennials survive the winter in a pot, covered with leaves, and in an area protected from wind).
- Whenever possible, please use 1 gallon square pots (available from Edel or from the recyling bin at nurseries).
- Divide large clumps of plants if possible, to fit into 1 gallon pots.
- Water the potted plants generously and regularly to stay fresh.
- Should you need pots or soil, contact Edel.
2. Labeling Plants:
- Label each potted plant, using a wood or plastic stick and a permanent marker, as
one side: Plant Name & Cultivar (if known), Colour, Height
other side: Full Sun/Shade/Part Shade and the flowering season (when applicable)
(The plant databases links below are helpful in finding plant characteristics.)
- Labels are available at the April & May club meetings or by contacting Edel.
- There is no need to label hostas, as they are well-know and easily identified.
3. Plant drop offs: Announced in the spring at the club meetings and in the April or May newsletter.
PLANT DATABASES with search engines:
Plant Sale Chair:
Email Edel or call 416-953-1031
For other Plant Sales by OHA societies click here.
Last Updated: 2017-03-17